Funding Available from NIH’s HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Project
NIH’s National Library of Medicine (NLM) has announced the solicitation of quotations from organizations and libraries to design and conduct projects for improving HIV/AIDS information access for patients and the affected community as well as their caregivers and the general public. Awards of up to $50,000 are available. Applications are due by July 20, 2015.The purpose of the HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Project is to support libraries and other organizations to work together to improve awareness of, access to, and use of HIV/AIDS medicine and public health information by organizations, institutions, and agencies working in any phase of HIV/AIDS management. Emphasis is on increasing the awareness and utilization of NLM’s online health and medical resources in the HIV/AIDS community through the use of innovative and evidence-based projects, which may include but are not limited to:
- developing training curricula and conducting training programs (web-based or in-person) focusing on NLM HIV/AIDS online and mobile information resources;
- creating mobile apps that use content from or direct users to NLM HIV/AIDS online information resources;
- promotion through outreach efforts highlighting NLM HIV/AIDS online information resources either in-person, or through text messaging or social media channels.
- equipment acquisition for use with existing information outreach efforts or any of the above mentioned projects.
NLM is committed to assisting organizations in accessing the spectrum of information resources and services that are currently available. NLM is particularly interested in proposals with creative and different approaches to disseminate information to populations that have a disproportionate prevalence of HIV/AIDS infections in the United States. These populations include but are not limited to:
- men who have sex with men (MSM),
- African Americans, and
NLM encourages the following types of organizations or arrangements for developing these programs:
- Community-based organizations (CBOs) or patient advocacy groups currently providing HIV/AIDS-related services to the affected community;
- Public libraries serving communities in the provision of HIV/AIDS-related information and resources;
- Health departments or other local, municipal, or state agencies working to improve public health;
- Faith-based organizations currently providing HIV/AIDS-related services; and/or
- Multi-type consortia of the above-listed organizations that may be in existence or formed specifically for this project.
For details, review the full solicitation for the 2015 HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Project posted on the Federal Business Opportunities website (FedBizOpps.gov) at https://www.fbo.gov/spg/HHS/NIH/OAM/NIHLM2015468/listing.html