National HIV Testing Day (NHTD) was first observed on June 27, 1995. NHTD is a day to encourage people to get tested for HIV, know their status, and get linked to care and treatment.
The 2020 theme will be announced soon. Bookmark this page.
Awareness Days Calendar Card (PDF 1.39 MB)
Share these images to promote HIV testing
Find HIV Testing and Other Services
Learn about the Epidemic
Read these federal announcements and releases:
Follow @HIVgov and use #HIVTestingDay and #NHTD.
Add the logo to your site and materials.
Use the Badge Code:
<a href="https://www.hiv.gov/events/awareness-days/hiv-testing-day"><img alt="National HIV Testing Day June 27" width="240" height="200" src="https://www.hiv.gov/sites/all/themes/hiv/assets/images/nhtdlogo.jpg" /></a>
Use images from HIV.gov:
- HIV.gov branded NHTD logo: EPS (2.86 MB) PNG (74 KB)
- HIV Testing & Care Service Locator: EPS (10.5 MB) PNG (842 KB)
- Positive Spin: EPS (5.9 MB) PNG (386 KB)
See these NHTD graphics from Greater Than AIDS.
Federal News and Resources
Use Digital Communication
Watch this Facebook Live video for tips on using social media for HIV/AIDS observances.
Watch these short videos
- Tips for creating a great Facebook Live
- What makes a good Instagram story?
- When is it good to put a gif in a Tweet?
Find more HIV.gov articles on using social media.