National HIV Testing Day (NHTD) was first observed on June 27, 1995. NHTD is a day to encourage people to get tested for HIV, know their status, and get linked to care and treatment.
The 2019 theme is "Doing It My Way".
Awareness Days Calendar Card (PDF 1.39 MB)
Share these images to promote HIV testing
Find HIV Testing and Other Services
Learn about the Epidemic
Read these federal announcements and releases:
- Most Americans Have Never Had an HIV Test, New Data Show
- CDC Dear Colleague Letter
- IHS and Cherokee Nation launch HIV pilot project
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Grants to Counties
- VA Recommends All Veterans Be Tested at Least Once for HIV
Get basic information about HIV prevention, testing and more.
Follow @HIVgov and use #HIVTestingDay, #NHTD, #DoingItMyWay and #HaciendoloAMiManera.
Share your Positive Spin story with #mypositivespin
Find free HIV testing at Walgreens stores in over 260 cities June 27, between 10 am – 7 pm (local time). For locations, visit this GTA page.
Talk about testing during the @NHMAmd Twitter chat (June 27 at 3:00 pm).
2019 posters, social media images and infographics are now available from CDC.
Add the logo to your site and materials.
Use the Badge Code:
<a href="https://www.hiv.gov/events/awareness-days/hiv-testing-day"><img alt="National HIV Testing Day June 27" width="240" height="200" src="https://www.hiv.gov/sites/all/themes/hiv/assets/images/nhtdlogo.jpg" /></a>
Use images from HIV.gov:
- HIV.gov branded NHTD logo: EPS (2.86 MB) PNG (74 KB)
- HIV Testing & Care Service Locator: EPS (10.5 MB) PNG (842 KB)
- Positive Spin: EPS (5.9 MB) PNG (386 KB)
See these NHTD graphics from Greater Than AIDS.
Join the DoingIt Campaign
Federal News and Resources
Watch and Read
Use Digital Communication
Watch this Facebook Live video for tips on using social media for HIV/AIDS observances.
Watch these short videos
- Tips for creating a great Facebook Live
- What makes a good Instagram story?
- When is it good to put a gif in a Tweet?
Find more HIV.gov articles on using social media.