Where Can You Get Tested for HIV?
You can get an HIV test at many places:
- Your health care provider’s office
- Health clinics or community health centers
- STD or sexual health clinics
- Your local health department
- Family planning clinics
- VA medical centers
- Substance abuse prevention or treatment programs
Many pharmacies and some community-based organizations also offer HIV testing.
HIV testing is covered by health insurance without a co-pay, as required by the Affordable Care Act. If you do not have health insurance, some testing sites may offer free tests.
These places can connect you to HIV care and treatment if you test positive or can discuss the best HIV prevention options for you if you test negative.
You can also buy a home testing kit at a pharmacy or online.
How Do I Find HIV Testing Sites Near Me?
Find an HIV test site near you by using the HIV.gov HIV services locator:
You can also find a testing site near you by:
- calling 1-800-CDC-INFO (232-4636),
- visiting gettested.cdc.gov, or
- texting your ZIP code to KNOW IT (566948).