What the Top HIV.gov Awareness Day Blogs in 2018 Mean for 2019
Here are this year’s top 7 blogs in HIV.gov’s Awareness Day category, along with thoughts on what this list tells us about how to better serve you in your communication efforts:
- The HIV Testing Sites & Care Services Locator Can Help You Serve Your Audience
- Reason Number 87 to Get an HIV Test
- Communicating about National HIV Testing Day 2018? Digital Resources, Now.
- A Personal Perspective: PrEP and NBHAAD
- Ready for Digital Communication for World AIDS Day 2018?
- Three and Three for National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day 2018
- CDC Issues Dear Colleague Letter About National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day 2018
Reviewing our blogs gave us insights on what content we think is useful for blog that mark the HIV awareness days. We encourage blogs to provide:
- resources that can be easily used for social media and traditional communication ahead of an observance day;
- timely updates on the impact of HIV on populations that are the focus of an observance; and
- examples of progress and opportunities related to our collective response to the HIV epidemic.
Knowing the content that engaged you most in 2018 will help us to give you the content and updates about HIV Awareness Days you want in 2019. We plan to feature a wider array of communication resources for your use, and to provide updates that you can tie to each observance—both those that are population-focused and those that span communities. And of course we will continue to share new developments in HIV prevention, care, and research to inspire and inform your communications.