AIDSinfo Releases New, Redesigned HIV/AIDS Fact Sheets
Each fact sheet is based on information from the HIV/AIDS medical practice guidelines and U.S. federal government sources.
The fact sheets are organized into five topical categories. Each category has fact sheets relating to that topic listed under the category.
The fact sheet categories include the following:
- HIV Overview: includes fact sheets on the basics of HIV/AIDS, the stages of HIV infection, the HIV life cycle, FDA-approved HIV medications, and HIV testing.
- HIV Prevention: includes fact sheets on the basics of HIV prevention, prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, and HIV/AIDS clinical trials.
- HIV Treatment: includes fact sheets on steps to take after a recent HIV diagnosis, when to start antiretroviral therapy, selecting an HIV medication regimen, FDA-approved HIV medications, drug resistance, medication adherence, and immunizations.
- Side Effects of HIV Medicines: includes fact sheets on common side effects people with HIV may experience, including diabetes, hepatotoxicity, hyperlipidemia, lactic acidosis, lipodystrophy, osteoporosis, and rash.
- HIV and Women: includes fact sheets on issues specific to women infected with HIV, the use of HIV medicines during pregnancy, and the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV during childbirth and after childbirth.
In the future, the fact sheets will be available in Spanish on infoSIDA and follow us on Twitter @AIDSinfoExit Disclaimer!