What is the APHA Social Media Lab?The Lab is a friendly space to ask questions about anything that interests you--from how to set up an Instagram account and create lively images to understanding social analytics and creating a social media strategy. Our goal is to spark a conversation that will help you improve your outreach to your audiences, get your messages across, and measure your success. (Curious? Watch the lab in action in this APHA 2014 video).
Where: Colorado Convention Center – E concourse. (Look for us between the escalators that go down to the Mile High Ballroom.)
When: Monday, October 31, and Tuesday, November 1, 10:00 A.M - 5:00 P.M.
How: Book your slot here or walk in.Mini Sessions:
Within the Social Media Lab, we will host 10 minute sessions about topics that we are frequently asked about. Check out which sessions you’d like to attend.
Monday, October 31
- 12:10 p.m. Getting a grip on #APHA2016: Using social media at a conference
- 2:10 p.m. A Social Coalition: Making it easy for groups to share information
- 4:10 p.m. Finding Your Voice: Blending the Professional and Personal to Create Your Brand
Tuesday, November 1
- 12:10 p.m. Making the Most of Your Ghost: Engaging Audiences with Snapchat
- 2:10 p.m. We're Engaged! Creating Content to Build Relationships and Support with Followers on Social Media
- 4:10 p.m. Social Media 365: Creating and Managing an Editorial Calendar
3 Reasons we are excited about the APHA Social Media Lab:
- More people, more conversations: #APHA2016 is the largest gathering of public health professionals in the country. It provides a great opportunity for conference attendees to receive tailored social media training--no matter where you’re from or what health arena you cover.
- A starting point: The conversations we start in the APHA Social Media Lab are just the beginning. We can continue to support and advance your social media efforts via Virtual Office Hours - our free, phone-based sessions. We’re here to help each Tuesday and Thursday from 2:00-4:00 p.m. (ET). All you have to do is sign up!
- Working Together: We value collaborations. By teaming up with APHA to offer the Lab, we can offer all conference attendees this unique in-person service. And we get an opportunity to learn from those already using digital tools in their communities.
Have questions about using social media for your work and coming to #APHA2016? Sign up for Virtual Office Hours, tweet us, or send us a Facebook message.