During AIDS 2020, HIV.gov convened a satellite session, Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America: A Conversation. The session was a conversation between government and community leaders involved with implementing EHE, the government’s initiative working to lower the number of new HIV infections in the U.S. by 75% by 2025 and 90% by 2030.
Session participants included Harold Phillips, of HHS’s Office of Infectious Disease and HIV/AIDS Policy; Dr. Carl Dieffenbach, NIAID; Rick Haverkate, IHS; Dr. Eugene McCray, CDC; Dr. Laura Cheever, HRSA; and Dr. Neeraj Gandotra, SAMHSA. Also joining the panel providing real-time updates from EHE jurisdictions were Mr. Rafaelé Narváez, Latinos Salud in Wilton Manors, Florida and Mr. Justin Smith, Director, Campaign to End AIDS, Positive Impact Health Centers and Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. Mr. Smith and Mr. Narváez are members of the Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS.
Watch the satellite session.
- AIDS 2020International AIDS Conference 2020
- CDCCenters for Disease Control & Prevention
- Ending HIVEnding HIV Epidemic
- HRSAHealth Resources & Service Administration
- IHSIndian Health Service
- NIAIDNational Institute of Allergy & Infectious Diseases
- NIHNational Institutes of Health
- OIDPOffice of Infectious Disease and HIV/AIDS Policy
- PACHAPresidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS
- SAMHSASubstance Abuse & Mental Health Services Admininistration