Questions to Ask When Planning for Awareness Days
Awareness days offer an important opportunity to raise awareness for individuals impacted by or at risk for HIV, as well as showcase your organization’s services and support for those in the HIV community. With multiple upcoming awareness days, it’s sometimes challenging to determine how and where to direct your organization's time and energy. Here are a few questions to help you make these decisions:
- How does the awareness day fit into your overall mission?
- What does an awareness day mean for your clients; how do they want you to recognize the day?
- When should you host an event vs. support another organization’s event?
- What does success look like?
- What resources are available to help you achieve success?
For help answering the above questions and for more tips on planning your awareness day activities, visit the HIV.gov event planning guide.