Medicare Open Enrollment is Underway!
Cross-posted from: TargetHIVExit Disclaimer
Medicare Open Enrollment period runs from October 15th to December 7th every year. During this time, consumers who have already enrolled in Medicare can switch, add, or drop a plan. Changes made during this period will go into effect on January 1st.
What can a consumer do?
- Change from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn't offer drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn't offer drug coverage.
- Join a Medicare drug plan.
- Switch from one Medicare drug plan to another Medicare drug plan.
- Drop Medicare drug coverage completely.
Review Medicare tools and resources from the ACE TA Center hereExit Disclaimer.
Medicare tip of the month: You can get personalized help navigating Medicare from your local SHIP.
Get help from health insurance counselors in your area by contacting your local State Health Insurance Assistance ProgramExit Disclaimer. SHIP provides free, local, and unbiased counseling and information about health coverage to people enrolled in Medicare or about to become eligible for Medicare. For more information about SHIP and the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP), check out this ACE TA Center tool: One-on-One Medicare Enrollment Assistance for Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Clients.Exit Disclaimer
The HRSA-funded Access, Care, and Engagement Technical Assistance (ACE TA) Center builds the capacity of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) community to navigate the changing health care landscape and help people with HIV to access and use their health coverage to improve health outcomes. Many RWHAP clients are eligible for health coverage options, including Medicare, Medicaid, and Marketplace plans. The ACE TA Center provides practical tools and resources to support engagement, education, enrollment, and renewal activities.