Saturday is your last chance to enroll in, change, or update your Marketplace health coverage. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Final Deadline! The Marketplace Open Enrollment Period at HealthCare.gov runs through
January 15. Sign up by the final deadline to get coverage that generally starts on February 1.
- More Affordable! The American Rescue Plan has provided greatly improved financial assistance,
which can significantly lower people's premiums. If you have looked for health coverage before, it is worth a second look:
- 4 out of 5 consumers will be able to find plans for $10/month or less after newly expanded financial assistance.
- With the new law, millions more consumers qualify for tax incentives that lower their premiums.
- Quality Plans! These are quality, comprehensive health plans that offer doctor visits, emergency
care, behavioral health care, preventive care, hospital care, and prescription drugs.
- More Help is Available! There is more help available this year. Consumers can access certified
application counselors and navigators in nearly every state and county on the Marketplace. To
find local help go to https://localhelp.healthcare.gov.
- Signing up Is Easy! It is easier to sign up for coverage this year. All consumers shopping for health insurance coverage on HealthCare.gov — even those who currently have coverage through the Marketplace — should enroll or re-enroll by logging in to HealthCare.gov or call 1-800-318-2596 (TTY is 855-889-4325) to fill out an application. The call center is open 24/7, it is free and assistance is available in over 240+ languages.
Don’t miss the January 15 deadline!