Health Insurance Marketplace Enrollment Ends in 2 Weeks: Help Spread the Word!
The promise of quality, affordable health care is quickly becoming reality for more and more Americans. Coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) has already begun for millions of individuals who have enrolled, and more people are signing up every day.
With marked improvements to the Healthcare.gov website and various ways to sign up, now is a great time to encourage people at risk for and living with HIV/AIDS to enroll. HIV/AIDS service organizations and other community-based programs can help their constituents take advantage of health coverage by sharing helpful resources. Use the resources below to raise awareness about the Marketplace in your community.
Open enrollment on the Marketplace ends two weeks from today on Monday, March 31, 2014.
How to Apply
There are four ways to apply for coverage:
- Online: HealthCare.gov
- Also in Spanish: CuidadoDeSalud.gov
- By Phone:
- 24/7 Customer Call Center: 1-800-318-2596 (toll-free)
- TTY: 1-855-889-4325 (toll-free)
- In Person: Find a trained counselor at LocalHelp.HealthCare.gov
- By Mail: Download the application form and instructions.
- Use the Marketplace Application Checklist to help individuals gather what they need to apply for coverage.
Spread the Word
HIV/AIDS service organizations and other community-based programs can share information with people at risk for and living with HIV/AIDS and encourage enrollment by:
- Making sure individuals know where to go to for information and to enroll
- Posting the HealthCare.gov or CuidadoDeSalud.gov widget on your website
- Hanging and handing out posters, fact sheets, and brochures
- Hosting educational events or enrollment events at your program site or in your community
- Including articles about the Marketplace in your newsletter, blog, or e-mail communication to constituents.
Visit our ACA and HIV/AIDS page for details about how the healthcare law affects those at risk for and living with HIV/AIDS. Providers are also encouraged to check out the Provider Marketplace Toolkit for additional enrollment tools and materials.
Thanks for your commitment to building a healthier America.