The National Library of Medicine (NLM) has announced the solicitation of proposals from organizations and libraries to design and conduct projects that will improve access to HIV/AIDS- related health information for patients, the affected community, and their caregivers.
Projects must involve two or more of the following information access categories:
- Information Retrieval
- Skills Development
- Resource Development and Dissemination
- PrEP Navigator Resource Development and Dissemination
- Equipment Acquisition
Emphasis will be placed upon small businesses and the following types of organizations or arrangements for developing these projects:
- Community-based organizations or patient-advocacy groups currently providing HIV/AIDS-related services to the affected community. This encompasses both individual groups wishing to enhance their own services, as well as several cooperating for the purpose of this project;
- Public libraries wishing to serve their communities in the provision of HIV/AIDS-related information and resources;
- Health departments or other local, municipal, or state agencies working to improve the public health in the area of HIV/AIDS-related services;
- Faith-based organizations currently providing HIV/AIDS-related services to the affected community; and/or
- Multi-type consortia of the above-listed organizations that may be in existence or formed specifically for this project. At least one of the organizations managing the project must be a community-based organization, library, or department of public health.
Request for Proposals: The solicitation for the 2019 HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Project (ACIOP) is posted on the Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) website. Awards are offered for up to $50,000.
The deadline for proposal submission is July 12, 2019, 2:00 PM EDT.