The 2020 Health Insurance Marketplace Is Open for Business!
Cross-posted from HealthCare.gov Blog
You can apply for new 2020 health insurance, or renew, change, or update your 2019 health plan for 2020.
Important: You have until Sunday, December 15 to enroll, re-enroll, or change your coverage for 2020. After this date, you can enroll or change only with a Special Enrollment Period. Coverage under plans sold during Open Enrollment starts January 1, 2020.
How to Apply
- You can apply at HealthCare.gov or through certified enrollment partner websites, by phone, with the help of a trained assister in your community, through an agent or broker, or with a paper application.
- See the different ways to apply for 2020 health insurance.
Not Quite Ready? See Plans & Prepare
- Preview 2020 plans, with price estimates based on your income. You’ll see exact prices later on when you fill out or update your Marketplace application.
- Use this checklist [PDF, 160KB] to gather the information you'll need.
- See what counts as income, and learn who to include in your household.