This week, while the 2012 International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2012) is being held in Washington, D.C., the White House released a series of related videos. First was a three-minute video history of HIV and the United States’ response that includes President Obama's welcome to the more than 23,000 conference attendees. AIDS 2012 has also provided an opportunity for Administration officials to reflect on the effect that HIV/AIDS has had in their own lives, and how far we’ve come in the fight against the disease. Among those sharing their thoughts are:
- Grant Colfax, Director of the Office of National AIDS Policy
- Valerie Jarrett, Senior Advisor to the President
- Brad Kiley, Director of the Office of Management and Administration
- Cecilia Muñoz, Director of the White House Domestic Policy Council
- Gayle Smith, Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Development and Democracy for the National Security Staff
- Tina Tchen, Chief of Staff to the First Lady
Click on the names above to view their videos and watch the Office of National AIDS Policy Blog for more videos this week.