White House’s Harold Phillips Discusses Top 5 ONAP Priorities
Harold Phillips, Director of The White House Office of National AIDS Policy (ONAP), recently spoke with HIV.gov about his top five priorities and how they align with the National HIV/AIDS Strategy (NHAS) and President Biden’s FY2023 budget request and priorities.
Mr. Phillips discussed why addressing the HIV epidemic is an important part of achieving health equity, which is a Presidential priority. He highlighted ONAP’s top five priorities:
- Achieving health equity with a focus on populations and jurisdictions with the greatest need.
- Increasing the uptake of PrEP among those who could benefit from this prevention method.
- Accelerating public/private partnerships to help reach communities most impacted by HIV.
- Increasing access to substance use disorder treatment and mental health services.
- Modernizing and repealing outdated HIV criminalization laws.