Harold Phillips, Director of The White House Office of National AIDS Policy (ONAP), recently spoke with HIV.gov about his top five priorities and how they align with the National HIV/AIDS Strategy (NHAS) and President Biden’s FY2023 budget request and priorities.
Watch the conversation here:
Mr. Phillips discussed why addressing the HIV epidemic is an important part of achieving health equity, which is a Presidential priority. He highlighted ONAP’s top five priorities:
- Achieving health equity with a focus on populations and jurisdictions with the greatest need.
- Increasing the uptake of PrEP among those who could benefit from this prevention method.
- Accelerating public/private partnerships to help reach communities most impacted by HIV.
- Increasing access to substance use disorder treatment and mental health services.
- Modernizing and repealing outdated HIV criminalization laws.