USG @ AIDS 2012 Video: Dr. Koh and Ambassador Goosby
"I think that the unique thing about this meeting is the equal levels of discourse between these groups that normally don't have an opportunity to talk and meet with each other," said Ambassador Goosby.
Ambassador Goosby has been on the front-lines of the epidemic since the beginning, treating some of the first patients in San Francisco when AIDS first emerged. Today, he is leading all U.S. government international HIV/AIDS efforts through the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). For more information on PEPFAR’s involvement in AIDS 2012, including announcements related to new and ongoing initiatives, visit https://www.pepfar.gov/.
The following video highlights this conversation. Visit USG@AIDS2012 to learn more about the conference.Key fact sheets from PEPFAR:
- Using Science to Save Lives: Latest PEPFAR Results (PDF)
- Making Smart Investments to Increase Impact and Efficiency and Save More Lives (PDF)
- PEPFAR Supporting Country Ownership: Key to a Sustainable Response (PDF)
- Orphans and Vulnerable Children: Saving Children, Investing in Our Future (PDF)
- Combination Prevention Overview (PDF)
- U.S. Support for the Global Fund: A Key Vehicle for Meeting Shared Responsibility (PDF)