Register Now – 40 Years of Progress – It’s Time to End the HIV Epidemic: Webinar
On Tuesday, June 1, 2021, the HHS Office of Infectious Disease and HIV/AIDS Policy (OIDP) invites stakeholders nationwide to a virtual webinarExit Disclaimer commemorating the 40th anniversary of the first report of what would become known as AIDS. The webinar—40 Years of Progress: It’s Time to End the HIV Epidemic— hosted by OIDP, United States Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps Officers at PACE (Prevention through Active Community Engagement) Regions 4, 6, and 9 will take place from 12:00–3:30 p.m. (ET). The webinar is open to the public.
Rachel L. Levine, M.D., Assistant Secretary for Health, will offer remarks during the webinar.
Additional speakers will include:
- Harold Phillips, Senior HIV Advisor, OIDP, and Chief Operating Officer, Ending the HIV Epidemic in the U.S. initiative.
- Steven Vargas, An HIV Community Planning/HIV Council leader and HIV long-term survivor, Houston, TX.
- Rebecca Nessen, Vice-President, Strategic Initiatives, and Precshard Williams, Prevention and Sexual Health Programs Coordinator, Metro Inclusive Health, Tampa, FL.
- Frances Lawless, Director, Office of Health Policy and AIDS Funding, City of New Orleans, LA.
- LCDR Janet Cifuentes, Pharm.D., Phoenix Indian Medical Center.
- Helen King, M.D., University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX.
- Kate Bistransin, Pharm.D., Parkland Health and Hospital System, Dallas, TX.
- Elizabeth Sherman, Pharm.D., Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Participants will discuss how to leverage best practices, innovations, and health equity to end the U.S. HIV epidemic. The webinar will also feature information on the federal government’s themes for the anniversary, “Four for Forty”: 1) Reflect, 2) Recommit, 3) Reenergize, and 4) Reengage. You can learn more at HIV.gov.