Recognizing National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day 2013
Whether you are 50+ and living with HIV yourself, or you are taking care of someone older who does, NHAAAD provides an opportunity to bring attention to the complex issues of HIV and aging, and to take action.
Here are three ways you can recognize NHAAAD:
Know Your HIV Status
- Use and share the HIV Testing Sites & Care Services Locator. Just enter your ZIP code to find nearby HIV testing and other services.
- Learn about the Locator app. There’s now an Android version too.
Share the Facts
- Read about HIV diagnoses among people aged 50 and older .
- Learn about HIV/AIDS basics and HIV and aging.
- Talk about the National HIV/AIDS Strategy with your friends, family members, and colleagues.
- Share this video about the HIV Care Continuum Initiative of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy.
- Learn about how the Affordable Care Act affects people living with HIV.
- Check out CDC's Act Against AIDS campaigns which are working to promote testing and end stigma.