PACHA Wants to Hear from You! Join Community Listening Session in Sept. 2022 Meeting
Do you have ideas and recommendations for how to improve our nation’s response to the domestic HIV epidemic? The Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS (PACHA) wants to hear you!
PACHA is convening its 74th full council meeting on Monday, September 19, and Tuesday, September 20, in Los Angeles, CA, a jurisdiction the Council planned to visit before the COVID-19 pandemic curtailed their in-person meetings. Now the Council will finally gather in person at the Martin Luther King Jr. Outpatient Building, located north of the city of Compton and south of the Watts neighborhood of Los Angeles, one of the areas most impacted by HIV health disparities. The MLK Outpatient Building is adjacent to the Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, the only historically Black college and university (HBCU) in California. (For address and metro details, see below.)
“PACHA-to-the-People” is an opportunity for Council members to hear directly from audience attendees and community-based organizations about key issues of concern, possible solutions, and recommendations. In past meetings, these listening sessions have been robust and lively discussions. “PACHA-to-the-People” will take place on Monday, September 19, 2022, from 5:15 pm – 6:45 pm (PT)/8:15 pm – 9:45 pm (ET).
Other agenda topics during the two-day PACHA meeting include an in-depth conversation about older adults with HIV and long-term survivors and a presentation by Los Angeles leaders on the epidemiology of HIV in LA and efforts to address the unique needs in the jurisdiction from a community perspective.
In addition to the live “PACHA-to-the-People” listening session, individuals will be able to provide public comments on the second day of the meeting. Pre-registration is required to provide public comment. To pre-register, please email PACHA@hhs.gov and include your name, organization, and title by close of business Friday, September 9, 2022.
- Dates/Times: The PACHA meeting will be held on Monday, September 19, 2022, from approximately 1:00 – 7:00 pm (PT)/4:00 – 10:00 pm (ET) and Tuesday, September 20, 2022, from approximately 12:30 – 5:00 pm (PT)/ 3:30– 8:00 pm (ET).
- Location: Martin Luther King Jr. Outpatient Building, 1670 E. 120th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90059. (The closest metro stop is the Willowbrook/Rosa Parks station.)
- Virtual attendance: To watch the meeting virtually, please visit www.hhs.gov/live.
- Registration: Due to limited seating, pre-registration for individuals attending in-person is encouraged. To register, please email your name to PACHA@hhs.gov by close of business Friday, September 9, 2022.
- Federal Register Notice: View the Notice here.