Presented by Greater Than AIDS “Obamacare and You” is a one-of-a-kind tool that includes specially-tailored resources geared toward people living with HIV, including:
- A "Find Your Storyâ feature that explains how someone with HIV may be affected by the ACA based on their current insurance situation
- A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section that provides answers to more than fifty questions about the ACA as it affects people living with HIV, such as “Can I be denied health insurance because I have HIV?” and “If I receive services from the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program or AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP), do I still need insurance?”
- State-specific information for all 50 states and the District of Columbia on health insurance marketplaces (including a list of available plans and information about financial assistance), Medicaid coverage options, Ryan White HIV/AIDS and AIDS Drug Assistance Programs, and other relevant HIV resources
- A guide to the essential health benefits provided under the ACA with detail about relevance to people with HIV
- A downloadable worksheet to help people applying for coverage gather relevant information necessary to enroll and make plan choices that best suit their HIV care needs
- A community toolkit including printer-friendly versions of all of the resources on the site, as well as suggested social media language and banners for use on ASO sites in promoting the resources.
The Foundation also produces fact sheets and analyses on the topic of HIV/AIDS, including materials on how the ACA affects people living with HIV. This information is available at www.kff.org/hivaids.
Greater Than AIDS appreciates the efforts by so many in the HIV/AIDS community to promote this portal to those who can benefit most. We also invite any feedback on the site from HIV.gov readers. Please comment below.