Navigating HIV Care: Using Navigators, Linkage Specialists & Community Health Care Workers to Improve Health Outcomes Webinar
On Thursday, May 23, the HHS Office of HIV/AIDS & Infectious Disease Policy (HIV PJA) will convene a webinar to discuss how HIV care navigation can improve health equity and decrease disparities by addressing barriers to care. The title of the webinar is Navigating HIV Care: Using Navigators, Linkage Specialists and Community Health Care Workers to Improve Health Outcomes. The webinar will take place from 2:00–3:30 p.m. (EDT).
This event will offer an opportunity for participants to share and discuss best practices on steering HIV-positive patients/clients through stages of comprehensive care (e.g., health care, mental health, housing, and employment services) as a way of linking them to care and retaining them in treatment.
The session will also highlight the perspectives of federal agencies, HIV prevention justice advocates, and state-level coordinators working with community health workers and linkage specialists on the frontlines of the domestic epidemic.
Julie Davids, from HIV PJA and the AIDS Foundation of ChicagoExit Disclaimer, will moderate the discussion. Presenters will include:
- Ronald Valdiserri, M.D., M.P.H., Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health, Infectious Diseases, and Director, OHAIDP, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Timothy P. Harrison, Ph.D., Senior Policy Advisor, OHAIDP, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Vignetta Charles, Ph.D., Senior Vice-President, AIDS UnitedExit Disclaimer
- Lisa J. Krull, Program & Quality Manager – Ryan White Program, Tennessee
- David A. Kern, Manager, HIV and Adult Viral Hepatitis Prevention Section, Washington State Department of Health, Office of Infectious Disease
- David D. Heal, M.S.W., Retention in Care Coordinator, HIV and Adult Viral Hepatitis Prevention Section, Washington State Department of Health, Office of Infectious Disease