National Gay Men’s HIV/AIDS Awareness Day 2013 Google+ Hangout On Air
Lamont ScalesThe Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will host a Google+ Hangout On Air in recognition of National Gay Men’s HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (NGMHAAD) on September 25, from 2-3 p.m. ET. Entitled Innovative HIV Prevention Activities for Gay and Bisexual Men, the event topics include a new HIV testing strategy for gay couples called Testing Together, the benefits of HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) usage for men who have sex with men (MSM), and a national campaign that encourages HIV testing and addresses HIV stigma among Latino/Hispanic MSM.
Please RSVP for the live event at the Google+ event pageExit Disclaimer . The event can be viewed on the Google+ event pageExit Disclaimer or on CDC’s YouTube channel. There is no need for special equipment or a Google+ account. Internet access is all you need.
Invited speakers include:
- Wayne A. Duffus, MD, PhD, Associate Director for Health Equity, CDC’s National Center for HIV/AIDS Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention
Testing Together (Couples HIV Testing and Counseling)
- Rashad Burgess, MA, Branch Chief, Capacity Building Branch, DHAP, NCHHSTP, CDC
- Rob Stephenson, PhD, MSc, Associate Professor, Hubert Department of Global Health, Emory University
What Every Gay Man Should Know About PrEP
- Dawn K. Smith, MD, MS, MPH, Biomedical Interventions Activity Lead, DHAP, NCHHSTP, CDC
- Jim Pickett, Director of Prevention Advocacy and Gay Men’s Health, AIDS Foundation of Chicago
Reasons/Razones (National HIV Prevention Campaign for Hispanic/Latino Gay Men)
- Alberto Santana, MS, Campaign Manager, DHAP, NCHHSTP, CDC
- Miguel Chion, MD, MPH, Associate Director, Education-Capacity Building Assistance, AIDS Project Los Angeles
For more information, go to the Google+ event page Exit Disclaimer.Exit DisclaimerNote: To learn more, read this HIV.gov blog post which describes hangouts and other aspects of Google+Exit Disclaimer that may e used within the HIV/AIDS community.