Hold These Times October 19-21 for USCHA
The 2020 US Conference on HIV/AIDS (USCHA) is happening virtually October 19-21.
Whether you’re registered to attend USCHA or not, there are several HIV.gov hosted sessions open to everyone. Of note, several of these open sessions include chances to hear Harold Phillips from OIDP and his guests discuss the Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America (EHE) initiative and provide updates from USCHA.
Open to Everyone
The HHS Office of Infectious Disease and HIV/AIDS Policy (OIDP) will host Live with Leadership conversations to hear from key HHS and community leaders about activities to further the EHE initiative. Harold Phillips will moderate these 20-minute discussions with Q&A opportunities.
- Monday, October 19th (11:15–11:35 a.m. ET)
Guest: Kaye Hayes, OIDP Acting Director, and Executive Director, Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS (PACHA)
Topic: Importance of USCHA to EHE
- Tuesday, October 20th (2:00–2:20 p.m. ET)
Guest: Leisha McKinley-Beach, Community Advocate and Public Health Consultant
Topic: Updates from the Community on EHE
- Tuesday, October 20th (6:00–6:20 p.m. ET)
Guest: NMAC’s Paul Kawata, Executive Director and Ace Robinson, Director of Strategic Partnerships
Topic: NMAC Update from USCHA
HIV.gov will post blogs during and after the conference about these EHE-related sessions, so be sure to look for our posts! We’ll also be tweeting and posting during the conference from @HIVGov and on Facebook. Join the conversation with #2020USCHA.
Here’s an invitation to give your feedback on new and upcoming website features available on HIV.gov. Please choose your preferred time here. Sessions will last no more than 30 minutes and will be conducted remotely on Zoom. You’ll have the opportunity to view new features and provide feedback to us on their ease-of-use.
For USCHA Participants
There are also several USCHA sessions with federal speakers that are available for registered conference attendees. We encourage attendees to put these sessions on their calendar:
- Tuesday, October 20th (1:00 – 2:00 pm ET)
Topic: Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS: Addressing Stigma and Disparities”
- Tuesday, October 20th, (3:00 – 4:00 pm ET)
Topic: AHEAD: Dashboard for Ending the HIV Epidemic Plan for America
- Wednesday, October 21st, (12:00 – 1:00 pm ET)
Topic: Let’s Expand and Improve Telehealth: A Dialogue With You
- Wednesday, October 21st: (2:00 – 3:00 pm ET)
Plenary Topic: Federal Perspectives on EHE Efforts in the Era of COVID-19
- Harold Phillips, OIDP
- Laura Cheever, MD, ScM, Associate Administrator for HIV/AIDS Bureau, HRSA
- Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., Director, NIAID
- Neeraj Gandotra, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, SAMHSA
- Maureen M. Goodenow, Ph.D., Associate Director for AIDS Research and Director, Office of AIDS Research, NIH
- Jonathan Mermin, M.D., M.P.H., RADM and Assistant Surgeon General, USPHS, Director, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, and Prevention, (CDC)
Learn More about OIDP @ USCHA
HIV.gov has posted a webpage detailing these events and other USCHA sessions with staff from OIDP, HRSA, CDC, NIH and other federal agencies. Look in the Events section’s drop down menu to navigate from “Conferences” to the “US Conference on HIV/AIDS” page.