Are you ready for World AIDS Day, December 1?
On December 1st, people all around the world will commemorate World AIDS Day. We will think about how far we have come in the last 30 years and we at HIV.gov want everyone to get involved.What can you do?
- Watch and share Secretary Hillary Clinton’s historic speech on HIV/AIDS which calls for an “AIDS Free Generation.”
- Plan a community event and/or take a photo for Facing AIDS. Share your message of why we all need to step up and face AIDS together.
- Print posters and tools from our World AIDS Day resources and use them at your events. Many are customizable and in English and Spanish.
- Locate HIV testing and other HIV services: Use and share the HIV/AIDS Prevention & Service Providers Locator and add the widget to your website or blog.
- Learn about and share the National HIV/AIDS Strategy. Read about agencies who are putting the strategy in action and talk about it with your colleagues — what would it take to make the goals of the Strategy real in your community?
- Follow our HIV.gov blogs and tweets from guest blogs from the CDC and other Federal partners.
- Use the hashtag #WAD11 Exit Disclaimer when sharing your thoughts on Twitter or Facebook.