Leading up to June 27th the HIV community was especially hard at work planning and implementing HIV testing and educational events. It can be a challenge to keep up with all the federal communication related to the past National HIV Testing Day (NHTD). To keep you up with the news, we present a compilation of some of our NHTD 2019 blog posts and a couple of Tweets to share.
HHS Secretary Alex Azar shared in his video message the goals of Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America, and how this year’s National HIV Testing Day theme “Doing It My Way” reflects the importance of HIV testing and early diagnosis.
A Presidential message recognizing National HIV Testing Day, 2019 was released, reflecting on strides in reducing new diagnoses and on the proposed Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America. The proclamation also noted the need for continued efforts in response to the epidemic.
From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Most Americans Have Never Had an HIV Test, New Data Show
- CDC National HIV Testing Day Dear Colleague Letter
From the Indian Health Service
From the Health Resources and Services Administration
From the Department of Veteran Affairs
From the Department of Health and Human Services
- Trump Administration Awards $1 Million in Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Grants to Counties to Strengthen Efforts to End the HIV Epidemic in the United States
- National HIV Testing Day 2019: Events Focus on HIV Testing and Diagnosis
- Up Close: The New and Improved HIV.gov Services Locator
- Focusing on HIV Testing and Diagnosis: National HIV Testing Day 2019
- Working Together for National HIV Testing Day
Spread the Word - Tweets to Share
- We have a new and improved #HIV Testing and Services Locator. Use locator.hiv.gov to find services near you!
- #ICYMI - For #HIVTestingDay, @SecAzar and the @WhiteHouse released statements commemorating the HIV Awareness Day and how testing relates to the goals of Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America.
We acknowledge the efforts of our federal and community partners who leveraged National HIV Testing Day 2019 with the intent to increase HIV awareness and to promote testing and knowledge of HIV status. As the nation turns to the Awareness Days still come in 2019, please use our Awareness Day blog tag to connect with our upcoming blogs, tools and resources.