HIV.gov hosts Social Media Labs to provide free technical assistance for AIDS service organizations (ASOs) and Federal HIV programs to extend their stakeholder outreach. But many in the HIV community face travel restrictions and cannot meet us in person. To extend the reach of our social media assistance, we have launched HIV.gov Virtual Office Hours, an online platform to provide the same support as the HIV.gov Social Media Labs.HIV.gov Virtual Office Hours offers you one-on-one time with an HIV.gov social media expert to ask questions about new media tools, learn strategies that are well-suited to your HIV outreach, and share your organization’s best practices. Starting today, Tuesday, November 18, you can schedule an appointment to connect with HIV.gov and receive social media support from wherever you are! You can make an appointment just for yourself, or invite other team members who may want to learn about social media.
How can Virtual Office Hours support your outreach efforts?
- You will have 30 minutes to connect with an HIV.gov social media expert who will provide online social media assistance based on your organization’s needs.
- Learn how social media can be a valuable part of your overall communications strategy and which social media tools are best for your audiences.
- Bring us your your questions, big or small. Want to get started on Twitter? Want to learn how to set goals for your social media efforts and then measure impact? Learn about what others in the community have done? Need tips on creating eye-catching visuals?
What you should know about Virtual Office Hours?
- Appointment registration starts November 18, 2014.
- The first available appointment is Tuesday, December 2 at 2:00 pm
- Office Hours will be held every Tuesday and Thursday from 2:00- 4:00 p.m., EST.
- Book a 30-minute appointment using our online scheduling service below.
- You will receive a confirmation email with a link to a brief questionnaire, which needs to be completed prior to your appointment.