Social Media TA: American Public Health Association Annual Meeting
The 141st American Public Health Association (APHA) Annual Meeting & Exposition will be held November 2-6, 2013. The theme for the meeting is “Think Global, Act Local: Best Practices Around the World.” APHA provides a myriad of opportunities to learn more about using social media in public health. We have highlighted a few ways that you can learn best practices about social media and HIV.
Social Media Lab
For the first time APHA will host a Social Media Lab. It is an opportunity to get your social media questions answered in a one-on-one session. There are various ways you can get help in the lab:
- Get set-up with Twitter, Facebook, YouTube or any other social media platform.
- Learn how to manage social media for your organization.
- Find out how to evaluate your work.
- Find examples of how others are using social media in public health.
Social Media Meetup
HIV.gov at APHA
HIV.gov will also be sharing our work at APHA. If you want to learn more about our program please attend these sessions:
- Poster Session, November 4, 2013, 4:30pm-5:30pm, Moving from web to mobile apps for HIV prevention, testing, and treatment: Lessons learned from HIV.govExit Disclaimer
- Oral Presentation, November 6, 2013, 10:30am-12pm, Using policy and data to inform the redesign of HIV.gov website and other servicesExit Disclaimer