HRSA Initiative Focuses on Improving HIV Care for People 50+
Cross-posted from TargetHIVExit Disclaimer
Nearly half of the half million people with HIV getting care from HRSA's Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) are over 50, reflecting the successes of antiretroviral therapy and care engagement, that has been underway since the 1990s.
A new HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau initiative is focused on identifying interventions to further improve the well-being of RWHAP clients 50 and older. The Emerging Strategies to Improve Health Outcomes for People Aging with HIV (Aging with HIV InitiativeExit Disclaimer) is utilizing an implementation science framework to identify effective interventions applied at 10 demonstration sites. A team of evaluation and capacity building providers will support the initiative.
View the map and list of participating demonstration sites below. Learn more about the Aging with HIV InitiativeExit Disclaimer.
- Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NYExit Disclaimer
- Boston Medical Center Corporation, Boston, MAExit Disclaimer
- Centro Ararat, Inc., Ponce, PRExit Disclaimer
- Colorado Health Network, Inc., Denver, COExit Disclaimer
- Empower U, Incorporated, Miami, FLExit Disclaimer
- Family Health Centers of San Diego, Inc., San Diego, CAExit Disclaimer
- University of Chicago, Chicago, ILExit Disclaimer
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Presbyterian Shadyside, Pittsburgh, PAExit Disclaimer
- Wake Forest University Health Science Center, Winston Salem, NCExit Disclaimer
- Yale University, New Haven, CTExit Disclaimer
Evaluation and Capacity Building Providers
- Evaluation Provider: NORC at the University of ChicagoExit Disclaimer
- Capacity Building and Technical Assistance Provider: Center for Quality Improvement and Innovation (CQII)
- Dissemination Lead: Impact Marketing + CommunicationsExit Disclaimer