Two Funding Opportunities from HRSA’s Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program
The Health Resources and Services Administration’s HIV/AIDS Bureau (HRSA/HAB) currently has two open funding opportunity announcements (FOAs) with deadlines in the weeks and months ahead. One focuses on interventions to engage people living with HIV (PLWH) who are not receiving HIV health care or who are at risk of not continuing to receive HIV health care; the other focuses on increasing and improving screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) for people living with or at risk of HIV in both Health Centers and Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program clinics.
Funding for Improving Health Outcomes for PLWH: Deadline March 26
HRSA/HAB’s Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part F Special Projects of National Significance (SPNS) program is accepting applications for a new three-year initiative entitled Evidence-Informed Approaches to Improving Health Outcomes for People Living with HIV (PLWH) (HRSA 18-048). The purpose of this program is to support a single organization that will systematically identify, catalog, disseminate, and support the replication of evidence-informed approaches and interventions to engage PLWH who are not receiving HIV health care or who are at risk of not continuing to receive HIV health care. Specifically, the intent of this initiative is to:
- Identify acuity scale tools used to determine if PLWH are likely to engage or re-engage in health care;
- Identify data utilization interventions to actively identify and intervene with PLWH who are out of care;
- Identify innovative service-delivery models/set of services that are responsive to the needs of PLWH who need to be engaged/re-engaged in HIV health care;
- Determine the costs associated with each approach and/or intervention;
- Catalog these approaches and develop an implementation manual to document the implementation components;
- Translate and disseminate these approaches and/or interventions; and
- Support replication by providing technical assistance to Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program and other HIV healthcare service providers.
The deadline for applications is March 26. For more information visit the TARGET Center.
Funding for STI Screening and Treatment for People With or At Risk of HIV: Deadline April 2
HRSA/HAB also has a funding opportunity soliciting applications for a new three-year demonstration project entitled Improving Sexually Transmitted Infection Screening and Treatment for People Living with or at Risk for HIV. The purpose of this project is to support a single organization that will work collaboratively with HRSA staff to promote clinical service and system-level interventions leading to an increase and/or improvements in the screening and treatment of STIs among low-income people living with HIV or at risk for HIV who are served by HRSA’s Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program and/or Health Center Program.
Applications are due April 2. For more information about this FOA and a pre-application webinar, visit the TARGET Center.