Your personal data can be used in a variety of ways – sometimes in ways you wouldn’t expect or even approve. That’s why it’s important to understand its value and ways you can manage it, when possible.
Jan. 28 marks Data Privacy Day – an international effort to inspire dialogue and empower everyone to take action to better protect and manage their privacy while also encouraging business to respect privacy and safeguard customer data.
Here’s how you can get involved in Data Privacy Day 2018.
Time Is Running Out to Become a Data Privacy Day Champion!
Actively show your dedication to respecting privacy, safeguarding data and enabling trust by signing up as a Data Privacy Day Champion. It’s a way for everyone to get involved – including you and your organization.
Join 650+ organizations and individuals by registering as a Data Privacy Day 2018 Champion; it’s easy to sign up and does not require any financial support.
As a Champion you will receive privacy and online safety updates, information about upcoming events leading up to Data Privacy Day and a privacy awareness toolkit to help you spread the word. Sign up today!
Limited Seats Available: Attend the Data Privacy Day Event
On Thursday, Jan. 25, the National Cyber Security Alliance will mark Data Privacy Day 2018 with an exciting event at LinkedIn in San Francisco showcasing leading privacy experts from industry, academia, government and the nonprofit sector. The event will feature engaging panels, TED-style talks and interviews focusing on the latest privacy issues you should know about.
- Looking Into a Crystal Ball: What Your Data Says About You
- Five Things You Can Do to Manage Your Privacy Now
- Staying Competitive – Why Privacy is Good for Your Business
Space is running out to attend in person; RSVP now to secure your seat. This event will also be streaming directly on staysafeonline.org.
Mark your calendars! We hope you will participate in this dynamic event.
Here’s How Else You Can Get Involved
- Learn why you should care about privacy, fast facts and stats on hot privacy topics and tips for staying safe online with our new Data Privacy Day Champions Backgrounder.
- Read the latest Data Privacy Day press release for key STOP. THINK. CONNECT.™ advice and privacy research and tips.
- Download our newly updated social media graphics – and share them using the hashtag #PrivacyAware!
- Is your organization doing enough to protect consumers’ data? Our new infographic discusses the key issues to consider when handling personal information – download and share it online and on social media.
- Check out – and share – our infographic on managing your privacy in a growing Internet of Me.
- Participate in a privacy event near you – and submit your privacy-related events to our Events calendar by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Join #ChatSTC Twitter chats on Jan. 17 and 24.
We look forward to partnering with you and helping to create a more #PrivacyAware culture!