2019 Health Insurance Plans and Prices Now Available!
The six-part Preparing for 2019 Open EnrollmentExit Disclaimer series was prepared by HRSA's ACE TA CenterExit Disclaimerto help agencies assist clients with enrollment and renewals during the 2019 Marketplace Open Enrollment Period, November 1 through December 15, 2018 in most states.
2019 health insurance plans & prices are available for review!
This blog summarizes Part 6 of the Preparing for Open Enrollment series and covers the following:
- Tips for finding out which plans are being offered in your area
- How to find a plan that best meets your clients' needs
- How to prepare clients for their enrollment appointments
- Open enrollment deadline reminders
In the final days before Open Enrollment, learn more about the Marketplace plans being offered in your area.
For Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program staff, check with your program director to find out if someone, like your ADAPExit Disclaimer [PDF, 267KB] or Part A ProgramExit Disclaimer, is assessing and recommending plans for people living with HIV, and when they will be ready to share this information.
- If no one is analyzing Marketplace plans in your area, you can preview plans and prices on HealthCare.gov. Then use the ACE TA Center Health Care Plan Selection WorksheetExit Disclaimer to help your clients find the best plan for their needs.
Start scheduling enrollment appointments and help clients gather the information they'll need for their application.
Start scheduling enrollment appointments now based on when you will have recommended plan information. Clients may be eager to enroll, so schedule these as soon as possible!
- Use our Preparing for Your Enrollment Visit WorksheetExit Disclaimer to help your clients gather the information they will need for their enrollment appointment.
- Use the ACE TA Center Twitter Toolkit for Marketplace Open EnrollmentExit Disclaimer to share key enrollment and plan renewal messages with clients!
2019 Open Enrollment begins on November 1 and ends on December 15 for most states, including those that use HealthCare.gov.
Some states with their own state-based health insurance exchange have extended 2019 Open Enrollment dates, as noted below:
- CaliforniaExit Disclaimer: January 15, 2019
- ColoradoExit Disclaimer: January 15, 2019
- MassachusettsExit Disclaimer: January 23, 2019
- MinnesotaExit Disclaimer: January 13, 2019
- New York: January 31, 2019
- Rhode IslandExit Disclaimer: December 31, 2018
- Washington, D.C.Exit Disclaimer: January 31, 2019
The Access, Care, and Engagement TA Center (ACEExit Disclaimer) aims to help Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program recipients and subrecipients support their clients, especially people of color, to navigate the health care environment through enrollment in health coverage and improved health literacy.