Listen to an audio recording of this blog.
As the end of 2017 draws near, like many of you, we have been reflecting on the developments and opportunities of the past year. For us, that has included taking a look back at the most visited blog posts that we published this year. Not only is that a useful way to remind us of many of the important issues and milestones from the past year, but it also gives us useful perspective on what our readers found interesting.
On Wednesdays – and, often, many other days of the week – we share information about the Federal response to HIV on the blog. So today, we’re taking a look at the top 17 most-visited blog posts on that broad theme. The posts are an interesting mix. They include:
- News or resource announcements from several of our federal partners, including CDC, HRSA and the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program, HUD, PEPFAR, and SAMHSA;
- Commentaries by OHAIDP’s Director Dr. Richard Wolitski;
- Highlights on emerging HIV research from our partners at NIH; and
- The post about our own name change from AIDS.gov to HIV.gov.
Here is the list of the 17 most-visited blog posts on the Federal Response to HIV published on HIV.gov in 2017:
- Looking Ahead to World AIDS Day 2017
- HIV Negative: Last Tested on [Enter Date Here]
- New HIV Infections Drop 18 Percent in Six Years
- STDs at record high, indicating urgent need for prevention
- Final Research Highlights from CROI 2017
- Frequency of HIV Testing and Time from Infection to Diagnosis Improve
- New Release: CDC Monitoring Report and the NHAS Indicators
- SAMHSA Awards $166 Million for HIV Prevention and Treatment
- Join Us: Community Response to the Effects of HIV Treatment and Viral Suppression on Sexual Transmission – Webinar
- More than a Name Change: AIDS.gov becomes HIV.gov
- New HIV Diagnoses are on the Decline
- Knowledge of HIV Status is on the Rise
- Falling Behind: More Focus Needed on Retaining People in HIV Care
- More Research Highlights from CROI 2017
- New Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program National Curriculum: HIV/HCV Co-infection
- HRSA and HUD Launch Data Integration Pilot to Improve HIV Care and Housing Coordination
- A Lifelong Journey with HIV is Easier without the Extra Baggage: The PostTest Series
How many of these did you read? Is your favorite blog post from 2017 on this list? Let us know on Twitter or Facebook.
We were glad to share all of these posts with you over the past 12 months. And we look forward to continuing to do so in 2018 as we pursue our goal of expanding the visibility of timely and relevant Federal HIV policies, programs, and resources to the American public.
- CDCCenters for Disease Control & Prevention
- Hepatitis C
- HRSAHealth Resources & Service Administration
- HUDDepartment of Housing and Urban Development
- NHASNational HIV AIDS Strategy
- NIAIDNational Institute of Allergy & Infectious Diseases
- NIHNational Institutes of Health
- OHAIDPOffice of HIV/AIDS and Infectious Disease Policy
- PEPFARPresident's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief
- SAMHSASubstance Abuse & Mental Health Services Admininistration
- TestingHIV Testing
- Viral Suppression