Watch PACHA’s Virtual Meeting March 8 & 9
The Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS (PACHA) will hold its 70th full Council meeting on Monday, March 8, and Tuesday, March 9, 2021, from 2:00-5:00 PM (ET) each day. The meeting will be virtual and interested stakeholders can view the meeting via livestream at www.hhs.gov/live.
During the meeting, the Council will:
- Hear from a Federal panel on the Ending the HIV Epidemic initiative and the HIV National Strategic Plan, with updates from the HHS Office of Infectious Disease and HIV/AIDS Policy, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention, and the Heath Resources and Services Administration’s HIV/AIDS Bureau
- Consider issues related to HIV, COVID-19, and health equity
- Listen to a panel on HIV and addressing the needs of women and a panel on HIV and meeting the needs of the community
- Share subcommittee reports
- Hear public comment
PACHA Wants to Hear from YOU: Public Comment Requested on Two Topics
The Council is seeking public comments on two specific topics during the March 9 session:
- What are the most meaningful actions that can be taken to implement the HIV National Strategic Plan and improve implementation of the Ending the HIV Epidemic initiative at the national level and in your community to achieve the goal of ending HIV in the United States?
- How can domestic HIV/AIDS programs better address the systemic barriers that underserved communities face in order to achieve the goals of the President’s Executive Order Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities?
Pre-registration is required to provide public comment during the meeting. To pre-register, please send an email to PACHA@hhs.gov and include your name, organization, and title by close of business Monday, March 1, 2021. If you decide you would like to provide public comment but do not pre-register, you may submit your written statement by emailing PACHA@hhs.gov by close of business Tuesday, March 16, 2021.
Learn more about PACHA on HIV.gov, where you can find information about its members, committees, and materials from previous meetings.