Want to Enroll in or Change a 2021 Marketplace Health Plan?
Cross-posted from the HealthCare.gov blog
You can change Marketplace health coverage if you’re already enrolled or can apply for the first time during the 2021 Special Enrollment Period through August 15, 2021.
Applying for the first time?
- Create an account to start an application.
- When you apply for Marketplace coverage, you’ll find out if you qualify for a premium tax credit that lowers your monthly premium.
- More people than ever before qualify for help paying for health coverage. Premiums after these savings will go down.
Already have coverage but want to change plans?
- Most people currently enrolled in a Marketplace plan may qualify for more tax credits.
- Log in to update your application and enrollment. Your new eligibility results will be available right away, and they’ll show you the extra tax credit amount. Then, update your plan selection with increased tax credits.
- Note: If you select a new plan, any out-of-pocket costs you already paid for your current 2021 Marketplace plan probably won’t count towards your new deductible, even if you stay with the same insurance company. Check with your insurance company before switching.
Learn more about the new Special Enrollment Period for the COVID-19 public health emergency and the new savings available.