Now that Open Enrollment is over, see health insurance options
Cross-posted from HealthCare.gov Blog
If you missed the January 15 deadline for 2022 coverage, you may still be able to get or change 2022 coverage 2 ways: with a Special Enrollment Period or through Medicaid or the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
See if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period
- If you have certain life events, like losing health coverage, moving, getting married, or having a baby, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period to enroll in or change a Marketplace plan for 2022.
- See the full list of life changes that may qualify. Or, answer a few questions about your situation to get an idea.
See if you’re eligible for Medicaid or CHIP
- Medicaid and CHIP provide free or low-cost health coverage to millions of Americans, including some low-income people, families and children, pregnant women, the elderly, and people with disabilities.
- Medicaid and CHIP don't have Open Enrollment Periods, so if you’re eligible, you can enroll any time.
- To see if you may qualify, enter your ZIP code and get an estimate.