New Media Microgrant Awardees
When we launched this blog over two years ago and the projects will be managed by John Snow, Inc.Exit Disclaimer ). We received many, many excellent project ideas from across the country — from New York to Michigan to Hawaii and Alaska.
We will be working with these organizations over the coming months to share their new media efforts and lessons learned (through guest posts here on the blog, among other things). We just held a conference call to introduce them to each other and and we'd also like to introduce them, and their projects, to you:
- ActionAIDSExit Disclaimer: Take Action: HIV/AIDS Prevention and Care Awareness Campaign
- Adult Well-Being ServicesExit Disclaimer: Wayne County Women Webberz Health Project (WC3 Health Project)
- Alameda County Public Health Department - Office of AIDS AdministrationExit Disclaimer: The Alameda County HIV/AIDS Information HUB (IHUB)
- Center for Health JusticeExit Disclaimer: The Freedom Club Initiative
- Center of ExcellenceExit Disclaimer: New Media Communication Plan for Engaging Diverse Transgender Individuals and Communities in Health-Promoting Activities
- Family Health Centers of San DiegoExit Disclaimer: Creative Online Media Renewing Awareness and Delivering Education(COMRADE)
- Harm Reduction CoalitionExit Disclaimer: After Party — A Social Marketing Campaign
- HIV/AIDS Resource Center: Evaluation, Planning, and Innovation: Working to Create a Sex-Positive Online Community for Men Who Have Sex with Men
- In the Meantime Men's GroupExit Disclaimer: ITMT 411 - A Texting Initiative
- Interior AIDS AssociationExit Disclaimer: HIV Prevention and New Media for National HIV Testing Day and Beyond
- Love HealsExit Disclaimer: iLove - An Online Peer Education Project (for LEAP Alumnae)
- Metro TeenAIDSExit Disclaimer: Check My Style (An addition to REALtalkDC Campaign)
- MississippiExit Disclaimer: Stop and Think/Espera y Piensa
- NYU School of Medicine - Lower New York ConsortiumExit Disclaimer: Youth Social Media Project
- Pennsylvania State University Hershey Medical CenterExit Disclaimer: Encouraging PLWHA to join Facebook to OPT-IN (Opportunities to Prevent Transmission) and Develop Better IN-SITE (Seeking Information Thru Eduction) to Improve Education, Knowledge and Social Support
- Rural Women’s Health ProjectExit Disclaimer: Voices of Immigrants in Action: New Media for HIV/AIDS Awareness and Social Mobilization
- St. Hope Foundation - the Fusion CenterExit Disclaimer: FUSION Tea: An Online CommuniTEA for your LIFE!
We are excited that these projects will explore how to use new media strategies and tools to expand their programs. These are some of the early adopters in the HIV community, and we look forward to sharing their experiences with you here on the blog!