Join the HRSA Global Health Forum Webinar on Wednesday, Oct. 26 - Border Health and the COVID-19 Pandemic: Lessons Learned to Improve Health Outcomes and Achieve Health Equity
RegisterExit Disclaimer and join HRSA for this important webinar on Wednesday, October 26, from 11:30 am – 2:00 pm (ET). In June 2022, HRSA’s Office of Global Health (OGH) launched a new Global Health Forum webinar series. The series aims to coordinate and highlight global initiatives and promising practices on emerging health issues via a bidirectional community among federal staff and domestic and international subject matter experts to address a range of global health challenges.
Wednesday’s webinar, Border Health and the COVID-19 Pandemic: Lessons Learned to Improve Health Outcomes and Achieve Health Equity, is hosted by HRSA’s OGH in collaboration with the HRSA Border Health Workgroup, the HHS Office of Global Affairs, and the Pan American Health Organization.
This webinar will explore firsthand the importance of improved healthcare outcomes in the border region from a binational and domestic perspective with an emphasis on the importance of a skilled and diverse workforce. This includes community health workers and behavioral health specialists to decrease health care challenges and enhance grassroots partnerships. The webinar will feature presenters who will discuss successful practices and challenges and share stories and grassroots efforts to address the COVID-19 pandemic, including augmenting awareness and knowledge of healthcare gaps in primary care and COVID-19 provision in the border region.
- Dr. Maria Julia Marinissen, HHS Office of Global Affairs Health Attaché, Mexico, and Acting Director, U.S. Section, U.S.-Mexico Border Health Commission
- Dr. Ciro Ugarte, Director, Public Health Emergencies, Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)
- Christine Ramey, Deputy Director, HRSA Office of Health Equity
- Patsy Cunningham, Behavior Health Advisor, HRSA Office of Special Health Initiatives
- Elmo Lopez, Jr., President and CEO, and Otila Garcia, Director, Health Education and Training, Gateway, Inc.
- Amanda Aguirre, President and CEO, Regional Center for Border Health, Inc. and San Luis Walk-In Clinic, Inc.
- Christopher Valadez, President and CEO, California Growers and Shippers Association
Contact Silia Herrera at HRSAGHForum@hrsa.gov for more information about Wednesday’s webinar.