Blog Digest: Your one-stop reading about World AIDS Day 2014
This month, many individuals and organizations in the HIV community were exceptionally busy organizing, attending, and communicating about local, state, regional, national, and international events in observance of World AIDS Day 2014.
In case you missed any of our posts leading up to World AIDS Day, we offer a list below (in reverse order). We encourage you to share these posts as you continue your work for HIV/AIDS awareness.December 2, 2014: The day after World AIDS Day, the HIV.gov blog cross-posted this White House blog post, Focus, Partner, Achieve: How the United States Is Helping to Lead the Fight Against AIDS, which included a video message from President Obama.
December 1, 2014: On World AIDS Day, the HIV.gov blog posted eight posts from HIV/AIDS programs within U.S. Government agencies. Among these was the post featuring the Presidential Proclamation: World AIDS Day 2014. You can click on the links below to read messages from NIH, CDC, PEPFAR, the Department of Justice, HRSA and more.
- From National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases: NIH Statement on World AIDS Day 2014
- From USAID: Key Populations Essential to Realize An AIDS-Free Generation
- From the Department of Justice: Recognizing World AIDS Day 2014
- From the FDA and the HHS Office for Global Affairs: For an AIDS-Free Generation: Access to Drugs and Diagnostics Is Essential
- From the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development: The Connection between Housing and Improved Outcomes along the HIV Care Continuum
- From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: World AIDS Day 2014: Closer to an AIDS-Free Generation
- From Health Resources and Services Administration: The “Increasing Access to HIV Care and Treatment” Initiative Surpasses Expectations for a Second Year
November 24 - November 28, 2014: During the week of Thanksgiving, four HIV.gov blog posts focused on the status of the epidemic and offered key resources. We also announced the opportunity to watch the December 1st White House 2014 World AIDS Day Event broadcast.
- Conversations in 2014: The Global Response to the HIV/AIDS Epidemic
- HIV Care Continuum: Controlling the Virus is Key
- World AIDS Day 2014: Resources for a shared effort towards an AIDS-free generation
- In the same week, we flagged an important opportunity for our readers in this blog post: Don’t Miss Our Nov. 24 Webinar on Health Insurance Marketplace Outreach Enrollment for Those at Risk for and Living with HIV.
Early in November, the HIV.gov blog began to note World AIDS Day with two key posts.
November 12, 2014: Key Conversations in 2014: HIV PreventionNovember 3, 2014: World AIDS Day: Focus. Partner. Achieve – An AIDS-free GenerationBlogs are an essential communication tool for HIV.gov to extend key messages from HIV/AIDS Awareness Days. We hope this World AIDS Day blog digest will be a comprehensive resource to learn about and share developments from this year's commemoration.
How did you re-use or share these posts, or use your own blogging platforms this World AIDS Day?