The Coalition for a National AIDS Strategy will host two upcoming, identical webinars to assist community advocates in learning more about the National HIV/AIDS Strategy (NHAS) unveiled by President Obama on July 13, 2010.
Presenters will highlight key themes of the Strategy, current implementation efforts, and community advocacy needed around the Strategy.
Identical webinar sessions will be held on:
- Thursday, September 2, 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. EST, with moderator Rebecca Haag of AIDS Action
- Tuesday, September 7, 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. EST, with moderator Naina Khanna of Women Organized to Respond to Life-threatening Disease (WORLD) and the Positive Womenâs Network (PWN)
Both webinars will feature the same agenda and panel of expert presenters:
- National HIV/AIDS Strategy Highlights
Gregorio Millett, MPH, Senior Policy Advisor for the White House Office of National AIDS Policy
- Federal Implementation Efforts
Ronald Valdiserri, MD, MPH, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health for Infectious Diseases for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Community Reactions and Efforts to Leverage the Strategy for Advocacy
David Ernesto Munar, Vice President, AIDS Foundation of Chicago
- Next Steps in Implementation Advocacy
Chris Collins, Vice President and Director, Public Policy, amfAR
Judy D. Auerbach, PhD, Vice President, Science & Public Policy, San Francisco AIDS Foundation
There will be a 25-minute open discussion following the presentations for advocates to share ideas on how to help achieve the Strategy’s goals.
The Coalition for a National AIDS Strategy will post a recording of the webinars on their website.