AHEAD Dashboard Enhances Functionality
AHEAD: 2.0 Interactive Release
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) recently released an enhanced version of the America’s HIV Epidemic Analysis Dashboard (AHEAD) that increases functionality and ease of use. As a key component of HHS’ Ending the HIV Epidemic initiative (EHE), AHEAD visualizes data for six EHE HIV indicators that measure both local and national progress towards ending the U.S. HIV epidemic by 2030.
Increased Functionality and Ease of Use
With these enhancements, users can now:
- Filter by specific EHE HIV indicator data;
- Filter by demographic information at the national level;
- Compare data across peer, county-level jurisdictions through an automated comparison feature;
- Contextualize the data: HIV diagnoses data are presented alongside HIV linkage to care data to foster a deeper understanding of the relationship between indicators;
- Download data in multiple ways: all AHEAD data, partial data, and as a graphic; and
- Receive tutorial prompts to help guide and enhance user experience
Stakeholder Input is Key to Development
Stakeholder feedback is critical to AHEAD. In developing this enhanced version, HHS met with and gathered input from multiple stakeholder groups, including representatives from EHE jurisdictions, local and state health departments, community-based organizations and national HIV organizations. Their input and feedback helped shape many of the updates that are on AHEAD today.